Hey there, ECF readers!
What’s new since we last met in your inbox? Well, let’s see …
Shopify had some big announcements at its Unite conference, including the headliner move to invest $1 billion in its own fulfillment network.
Meanwhile, Amazon now ships more of its own packages than any other shipping company. Perhaps that’s why FedEx is courting other e-commerce players?
For more on these—and other e-commerce tidbits—check out the ECF News Cart for July 3rd. You can also listen to our news roundup on the podcast via iTunes, Stitcher or the ECF Blog.
Subscribe: iTunes | Stitcher
In the News:
Shopify Unite 2019: Multisite, Smart Shipping Rules, Fulfillment Network & More
- The big announcement: Shopify plans to spend $1 billion on its own fulfillment network over the next few years and will soon offer merchants two-day shipping
- Other highlights include the ability to manage multiple stores using one interface, plus more languages and currency offerings
- Shipping profiles let merchants set up custom shipping rules based on product details like size, weight or shipping origin
Amazon, the New King of Shipping
- Amazon has become its own largest shipper
- Nearly half (48%) of the company’s packages are delivered by Amazon itself
- With Amazon dominating 40% of e-commerce, that’s about 20% of the entire shipping market
FedEx Lures Online Sellers With Two-Day Air Shipping at Ground Rates
- After ending one of its Amazon contracts, FedEx will offer express delivery at ground rates to certain customers
- Price cut will reportedly help FedEx compete with UPS for e-commerce business
Cloudflare Update Causes a Number of Sites to Go Down
- The popular internet security and DNS tool provider was down Tuesday affecting thousands of sites
- Shopify, ShipStation and many popular sites were offline as a result
Amazon Launches Counter In-Store Pick Up
- Customers can pick up their Amazon packages for free at 100 Rite Aid stores in the U.S.
- Amazon plans to expand its free pick-up service to 1,500 stores by year’s end
- Rite Aid stock shot up 34% on the news; Amazon stock remained largely unchanged
Skubana Raises $5.4M for Its E-Commerce Operations Software
- Series A fundraising brings total to $6.2 million in equity funding for the e-commerce operations software provider
Top Forum Discussions:
(Subscription required to access. Not a member? Apply to join our vibrant community of 7-figure store owners today.)
- Highlights From Shopify Unite 2019
- What Is Working for You in the Last 30 Days on Amazon?
- Why Do I Feel Like Asana is Garbage?
- Does FBA Inventory in a State Really Create Nexus?
- Where Do eCommerce Pros / Store Owners Shop?
Compelling Job Opportunities
- Facebook Ads Manager | Digital Darts | Remote
- eCommerce & Digital Marketing Manager |Rise Bar | Irvine, CA
- eCommerce Manager| Eagle Eye Outfitters | Dothan, AL
New ECF Content:
- How You’re Sabotaging Your Content Marketing (Podcast)
- Making Sense of the Sales Tax Nightmare (Podcast)
- Anatomy of a Scalable Business (Podcast)
- Hacking the Press With the Editor of Mashable (Podcast)
- Investing In and Outside of eCommerce (Podcast)
The post News Cart for July 3rd appeared first on eCommerceFuel.